AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

When's it my turn to sleep?

Kalten woke me up at 2:30 this morning crying hysterically. I finally got him calmed down, and realized I was wide awake. Even if I was tired, I couldn't get comfortable, no matter what I did. Around 3:30 I was finally drifting off, and I thought I heard a loud bang. I wasn't sure, because I was in that half-asleep place, but then a few minutes later I heard it again. I called my mom (haha) and she said because it's so cold, the house is settling, and their house does it too. So I got brave and went downstairs to just make sure. Everything was locked up tight and all the pets were fine (Robby likes to sneak into Pip's room and throw her cage on the floor - it's happened twice now). Then as I was turning to go back upstairs, I saw the shape of Paul's wind program polo shirt on its hanger by the hallway and almost screamed. I thought it was a person standing there! After that rush of adrenaline, I had to calm my nerves by reading, which helped me fall asleep. I woke up around 5 with the light still on and my hand in the book. I put that away, turned the light off, and Kalten woke up at 7. He's napping right now, lucky kid.

Paul had school this morning, and as soon as he wakes up he has to go back to school for his night class. The night class is every day except Friday, so I'm looking forward to making a nice dinner tomorrow that we can eat together.

It is SO COLD here! K and I are each wearing two pairs of pants, long sleeves, and a sweatshirt. He's got a hat and slippers, when he'll leave them on. We needed to go out and get milk, so I threw on his huge puffy coat and my double-layer coat, and we spent an hour and a half at Wal-Mart just walking around because I didn't want to go back out to the car. It's -13° with an almost -30° windchill. I felt bad because we had to park so far away, and he cried because of the cold before I could get him in the car. He fell asleep on the way home, and hasn't moved since I brought him in and laid him on the couch. I knew he would do that, so I bought him a banana and had him eat that before we left the store. I'll give him a real lunch when he wakes up.

I have been craving ruby red grapefruit juice, so I splurged on that too. Cravings used to be fun. "Paul, I want some egg drop soup." "Paul, will you go get me a vanilla shake?" I was spoiled when I was pregnant with Kalten! Now, if we don't already have the ingredients or if we need them for something else, forget it. I will be savoring this stuff in tiny cups to make it last as long as possible.

No comments:

Followers