AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

One more month!

Tomorrow is January 13, one month before our due date! I am having a lot of pain suddenly: my ribs, my hips, my lower back, and that blessed round ligament pain, like a guitar string twanging all down my hip and leg. I'm trying to keep positive by thinking that all this means the end is near, and soon we'll meet the little guy!

We're having a little name trouble, and I think we're going to wait until we meet him to give him a name. Kalten was Kalten from the first "it's a boy" ultrasound so it's a little weird not knowing for sure. We have a list, but no clear favorites. I'm hoping that once we meet him it'll be obvious. Kalten has provided a list for us (it's on the right), but I think we'll pass on those.

I bought a cloth diaper pattern because I want to at least partially cloth diaper to save on buying disposables. Cloth diapers have come a long way from the white Gerbers and the plastic pants! I've seen some really really cute ones! But I haven't felt like sewing at all. It's a little overwhelming, plus we can't really afford the special fabric right now. I have a bunch of prefolds that we used for burp cloths when K used to spit up all the time, and ONE cover, but no pins or other way to close the diapers. I might just modify the prefolds with Velcro. I found a tutorial for that online. Then I'd use fleece for the covers, and when we can afford the special fabric, I'll use the pattern. It's for one size fits all so I'm not in a huge hurry.

Soooo tired!

No comments:

Followers