AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm in a baking mood

I wanted to warm up the house by baking, and I'm not in the mood for cake or cookies, so I found a savory cheddar bread recipe on allrecipes.com and tried that. I'm so not a baker or cook, so I didn't have a bunch of the stuff in the recipe. I modified it and used what I did have. It is soooooooo good! Here's my recipe if you want to try it.

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp minced dried onions
½ tsp table salt
1½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350° F, grease an 8½"x4½" loaf pan.

Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, onions, salt, and cheeses in a large bowl, set aside.

In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, and butter. Add all at once to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.

Spread into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Followers