AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No news is good news, I guess.

I'm getting this tiring gut and having a lot of hernia pain, bleh. But I am so loving all the kicks and squirms. There's not a whole lot to update. Just a whole lot of waiting. At least we don't have the low fluid problem and the endless ultrasounds and non-stress tests.

Kalten's memory just blows me away. Back when I worked at the daycare, we watched Bob the Builder occasionally before lunch. We also watched other things like Veggie Tales or Rainbow Fish. Kalten never acted like he was all that interested; he'd rather play, and he never seemed to prefer it or even recognize it. The daycare was over when school started, so we haven't watched it since probably July or August. Today we were at Wal-Mart in the video aisle, and K pointed to a DVD and goes "Builder! Builder!" I didn't think he would have remembered, so I asked him, "Bob the Builder?" and he goes "uh-huh!" We borrowed the video from my mom, and he's watching it now.

I guess he's sort of advanced for his age. I don't know - he's just Kalten to me! Before Wal-Mart, I went to school to pay on my tuition, and the new director was really impressed with Kalten. She guessed he was two, and when I told her he was only 19 months, she said she used to be a speech therapist and that he has a really good vocabulary for his age and speaks very clearly. She was surprised that he knows colors and the alphabet as well. Usually he doesn't show off for people, but she gave him candy and he warmed right up, haha.

No comments:

Followers